Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sometimes I'm really an A$$hat

So, I'm emailing with a friend today, talking about how she should just up and run a 5k and how it shouldn't be that difficult. But she's coming back from an injury. That was just diagnosed. About 3 weeks ago. *ahem*

So who is the asshat? Yes, that would be me.

See, I don't understand how people have "couch to 5k" programs. I don't get it.

Wait...WAIT. Don't leave. Let me explain myself.

I have the stupid luxury of either being in great shape or completely delusional. "How is that?", you ask.
I'll just up and run 4 miles the first time out each year, if not more. I'll just lace up my shoes (probably too old), head out the door and run for 40 minutes. Yep, 40. So, really, either I'm completely moronic, OR I am just used to that level of pain. And obviously like it.

Do I think it's bad that people do "couch to 5k" programs? Absolutely not. I am excited whenever someone tells me they have found an appreciation for running, or if not...just trying it. It makes me happy. I love to share with people. I am not an elitist, I am just a sucker for over-exerting myself.

Need I remind you that I spent the better part of 8 months injured or at least in some amount of pain because I slammed myself into training for a Marathon? Nope.

I didn't think so.

On a more random note: I love Blistex "lip medex". Old school love right there. I have it slathered all over the bottom third of my face, like an overzealous kindergartner. Sexy, I know.

No comments: